Bloglovin

Follow

Saturday 2 March 2013

Faux Enamel Pendants

It takes me ages to fall asleep at night, infact I was still awake at 4 am! But this is when I get my inspiration... I have loads of creative ideas swirling around my head just when I need to shut my brain off! Anyway, today I thought I'd try one out...
I drilled holes into some wooden circles. I sprayed Dylusions Ink in Lemon Zest, Bubblegum Pink & Vibrant Turquoise onto one side of them. I seem to use these colours alot... Must be my holy trinity, so to speak! I then used Adirondak Paint Dabbers in Stream, Terracotta & Wild Plum over a floral mask. I think it's a Stamps Away one...
 Here comes the experimental bit! I inked up the backs with Distress Embossing Ink & coated them in a layer of Clear Fine Embossing Powder & melted it with my heat gun. I then dipped it straight into Ultra Thick Embossing Powder (UTEE) & melted it again. While it was hot I placed some gold/silver leaf onto it & waited for it to cool. I then embossed the front side the same way but used 1 layer of Fine Embossing Powder & 2 layers of UTEE. I placed some metal leaf onto the 2nd layer. I reheated to get the UTEE for a glossy finish.
I think they turned out really well. I will post a pic of them with their bails when I've made them.
Thanks for looking!
Sez x





No comments:

Post a Comment