Bloglovin

Follow

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Altered Tin

Hiya my lovlies!
It's been a while since my last post. I've been so busy with volunteering at school & all the end of term stuff!
 Anyway, today is the first day of the school hols for us, so I got to alter a tin while the kids were doing various art projects...
 
It started like this....
 
 
After removing the name plate & sanding, I covered the tin with old book pages. I added die cuts made from Sizzix Vine Swirly & Lace Edging #2. I painted the tin with Vintage lace, Beach Hut & Hey Pesto Fresco Paints & knocked it back with a baby wipe. I stamped butterflies onto old book pages & stuck them on & added a butterfly image from some old background paper I had, in the centre. I added some Gold, Silver & Copper paint to the die cuts & gave it a coat of clear satin varnish. I did this because it is going to live in my bathroom. I then added wired beads & jewels to make the butterflies bodies. I also added some clear glass nuggets to the sides to finish. All the beads, nuggets & jewels are from my stash of broken jewellery. The butterfly stamp is by Sheena Douglass.
 
Top
 
Front.
 
I love repurposing/altering items that I find or am given.
It's a great way to recycle!
 
I hope you like it as much as I do!
Crafty Hugs
Sez
x

5 comments:

  1. Great transformation and a much better colour!!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks great, way better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, it looks so much better now!

    ReplyDelete