Bloglovin

Follow

Monday 29 July 2013

Card for Mum.

Hiya Lovelies!
On Sunday I visited Colemans Craft Warehouse in Rushden. Lin Brown was demoing there. I also needed a few bits. It was a great day except for the fiasco on the way home! Those of you who follow me on Twitter will probably know but for those that don't, we broke down & had to be towed home!
 
Anyway, Mums birthday card....
I bought some Crafty Individuals stamps from Colemans on Sunday (along with a few Frescos Paints & Treasure Gold!) & decided to use one on mums card. I also bought a stencil by Crafters Workshop which I used for the background. I started by swiping Old Paper Distress Stain over some paper. To my amazement it had turned green! I only used it the other day & it was fine, so I emailed Ranger!
 
Now I decided to carry on with my green background... I used Picket Fence Distress Stain through my stencil & then Fresco Paint in Sage. I then blended Scattered Straw Stain around the edges & ran Peeled Paint Stain on the outside edges to give a border.
I stamped the image onto the background & a tag & coloured it in with my distress stains & a waterbrush. I also used Olive Bronze Treasure Gold around the edges. I cut it out & layered it onto the image on the background. I filled in the hearts & tassell with Sepia Accents.
I used Old Paper Distress Stain on a doily which I had cut into quarters & stuck it onto the background on the inside of the card. I then added 'Mother' in scrabble tiles down the side.
 
 
On the inside I finished off the card with an old book page & note. The note is just a notebook page aged with Scattered Straw Distress ink. I then stamped a heart & ornate corners in Memento ink in London Fog on the opposite side. I went over them again with gold paint. I also filled in the small heart with Sepia Accents.
 
 
I hope she likes it!
Crafty Hugs
Sez
x

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure she will love it, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete