Bloglovin

Follow

Sunday 23 March 2014

My Last Lunchbags & Art for Me!

 Hi there my lovelies!
I know it's been a while since I shared anything with you...
I've been so busy with work, training & family stuff that I haven't had time to do much!
If you follow me on Twitter, you might recall me getting a large order for bags. 
Well, thankfully it was cancelled!
I know some of you might wonder why I use the word 'thankfully',
 but in all honesty I am thankful!
Since starting my job I seem to have less & less time to do stuff...
 (My washing is cascading down the stairs as I type!)
My brain is turning to scrambled egg with all the training I'm doing & I'm feeling like
I've been plugged in & drained of all energy... mentally, physically & emotionally.
But putting all that aside, I know that once I get to the Easter Break I will be able to recharge
myself & put in place strategies that will help me & my family cope better.
Anyway, getting to the point of this post...
I have FINALLY finished my last order for lunchbags!
I have decided that the 23 bags I have made up to now are a limited edition!
Not only have I not got the time to do them, but I have lost the joy a little so I need to do something else! Which I'll come to in a bit...
 
 I made these bags for a colleague & her daughter.
 
Her favourite things are seahorses & rainbows... The same as me!
Her daughter loves campervans & her stuffed toy 'Moley' so I made him driver!
 
I hope they like them!
 
So, to the something else!
Earlier, I said that I feel drained. So, I have decided to heal myself using my art.
I have signed up to a free online course that the fab Jenniebellie is running.
She shows you how to use what you have to make an 'Inspiration Station' which helps in times of creative block & she shows how to make your own journals.
 I love Jenniebellie's videos on YouTube & I urge you to take a look at them!
I am going to spend what little spare time I have just making art for me,
to help me work my stresses away & to calm my spirits.
 I may share some of what I have made with you.
 
Thanks for stopping by I really appreciate it!
Feel free to leave a comment.
 
Crafty hugs
Sez x
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, Sarah, I hope that you restore, refresh and revive very soon. You are such a creative person and sometimes life just gets in the way. Love the bags and will also look at what Jennibelle has to offer. Sending encouraging vibes...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, sometimes you just have to say "no" and step back.. Hope you enjoy the class, and have fun making art for YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life can be mad at times & make us feel frazzled so i wish you some calm time with rainbows & Unicorns, just breathe and go there...

    Have really loved seeing your stunning and mega creative Bags, the fact they are now Limited Editions just makes them more amazing!

    Glad you are going to get some Sarah time to bring renewed energy to your already brilliant ArT. Great link, thanks for sharing, enjoy Sunday:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased hear you are going to do something for yourself and use the power of art. It take courage sometimes to turn from the affirmation of having your art appreciated by others to self affirmation of the pleasure doing art from the heart. Well done you! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need downtime and if your way of getting downtime is getting all painty and inky for your own enjoyment then go for it. Don't let it stop being fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely! And good for you, sounds like you're making some very wise decisions.

    ReplyDelete