Bloglovin

Follow

Sunday 18 August 2013

PaperArtsy Challenge Inspired by France Papillon Wax ATCs.

 Hiya Lovelies!
I just wanted to share something I've been experimenting with...
 
Over at PaperArtsy France Papillon has been guest designer.
She came up with this fab project to celebrate their 10th Birthday.
Check it out HERE.
I really wanted to have a go at this but my mum still has my melt pot!
I didn't want to ask for it back as she gets put off trying new stuff easily... (she's had it 3 months!) I knew if I asked her for it she would never try UTEE!
Anyway I digress...
I came up with a plan!
 
I started with a postcard from PaperArtsy & cut it to size.
 
After realising that I didn't have any beeswax, I melted some old white candles that I've had since the dawn of time! I figured it was wax so it might work?! I tried melting one in the microwave... this took about 4 mins & the glass got so hot it kept it melted for ages! I added 2 blobs of distress reinker in Vintage Photo. It blobbed but turned the clear wax yellow after a few stirs! I wanted it to age the wax if you know what I mean...
 
 
I brushed on a couple of layers & all the wax was gone! So this time I melted 2 candles into my glass bowl with my trusty heatgun! Much quicker! I added a big blob of Vintage Photo as before but it just coloured the bottom of my bowl...oh well!
Can you tell I was getting a bit impatient?!  
 
 
I poured on the wax & smoothed it over with a palette knife & forced it.
 
 
I peeled them off my craft sheet & tidied them up. 
I didn't have any fishy stamps so I used my Recycle Art Mini Stamp & my Imagination Rules The World Stamp & Stazon Ink in Black.
 
 
As you can see  they have turned out rather pants but it was fun to try!
 
 
I need to get me some fishy stamps, beeswax & my meltpot back!!!!
 
 
I would like to add this poor attempt into the challenge over at PaperArtsy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Crafty Hugs
Sez x 

7 comments:

  1. At least you've had a go, and they're not pants, just experiments! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it was a great idea, at least you had a go... I haven't even dusted off my melt pot to try.. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey well done for finding an alternative and playing along!! They look great.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun technique and certainly one to try again Sarah, you could always re-melt area's you are not happy with using your heat gun, the main thing is you had a go and had fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY VERY FUNNY. Bet it was a bugger to get the bowl back to normal too!....SUCH DEDICATION..GO GET THE MELT POT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Leandra! It will teach me for being such a lovely daughter! lol! I did have lots of fun experimenting though! The bowl is still waiting to be cleaned...

    Thanks for all the lovely comments. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Ha! loved reading your post Sarah and what a brilliant try without any proper equipment or products. I have to admit mine would have looked a right old mess if I hadn't kept reheating (as opposed to just fusing) the layers so I think yours are very good. If your Mum leaves your melt pot sitting there as long as I did mine you'll not get it back this side of 2017 so I'd go get it now, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete