Bloglovin

Follow

Sunday 30 June 2013

Happiness house for Lydia inspired by Darcy's House of Books Pt1

Hiya my lovelies!
The very talented Darcy Wilkinson has done some fabulous projects over at PaperArtsy. One of which is called House of Books. I already had a couple of houses that I bought ages ago & Darcy inspired me to use one. My daughter Lydia is turning 13 tomorrow & I thought it would make a lovely present for her to keep! 
 
 Here's how it started...
 
 
I painted the house with different colours of Fresco Paints...
 
 
Once dry, I added a layer of Crackle Glaze & then a layer of Vintage Lace once it had dryed again!
I then used one of the JOFY stamps from the set I won. JOFY13
I painted them using Hey Pesto, London Bus, Haystack & Brown Shed.
 
 
I made some wallpaper & added it to all the 'rooms'.
 
 
I made the roof from cardboard, painted with Brown Shed & finished off with Indigo Treasure Gold. (lovely stuff!)
 
 
I cut a door from plywood. I painted it with Squid Ink, a layer of Crackle Glaze & then a mixed coat of Beach Hut & Sky. I finished it off by scoring lines into the wood with a bradle & rubbed on Indigo Treasure Gold. I also added a panel pin through a bead for a handle.
 
 
I made some drawers from plywood in the same way...
 
 
I added windows & handles to the drawers.

 
I brushed on some glue to the inside of my mini glass bottles & put glitter inside them & shook! I then emptied out the loose glitter. I added labels & stuck them to the shelf.
 
 
Voila! Completed house with Tintique springy painted heart in the attic.
Part 2 will show the mini books I made to go inside...
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Please feel free to comment.
Crafty Hugs
Sez x
  

6 comments:

  1. Oooh fabulous, love what you've done up to now

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Sarah!! I love the door, and your drawers too. Totally fabulous. Can't wait to see the books. Your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific! How clever you are! Your daughter will love this! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So,so fantastic, I love the wallpaper and the door is gorgeous with that heart cut out. love the deep drawers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous Sarah..she's going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete