Bloglovin

Follow

Saturday 15 June 2013

Paperartsy Mini Chest Challenge

Hiya!
This week over at the Paperartsy blog guest designer, France Papillon did a project on a little chest. Check it out HERE.
Here is my version...
 
I started with a little chest that I've had for a long time... I bought it from a charity shop with the idea to alter it & put it away, as you do!
 
 
Inside..
 
 
I dismantled it & masked off where I needed to. I painted it with Squid Ink Fresco Paint.
 
 
Once dry, I added Crackle Glaze & then painted with Vintage Lace Fresco Paint. 
 
 
I stamped script all over using Archival ink in Sepia.
I sanded the chest to distress it & then used a mix of copper & brass paints as an accent on the handles & edges.
 
 
I stamped a quote onto tissue paper with Black Archival ink & adhered it with Matte Mod Podge.
I then used a mix of Copper & Brass paint through a stencil. 
 
 
I did'nt have a frame, so for the top I decided to use a Tintique Heart. My friend gave me loads of these & I love them!
 
 
I painted it using Sky, Hey Pesto, London Bus & Beach Hut Frescos.
I used Vintage Lace through a doily & then Copper Paint around the edge.
 
 
I then fixed it to the top! 
 
 
Voila!
 
 
I hope you like it as much as I do!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Crafty Hugs
Sez x 
 

6 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Sarah and it was quick time too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chest looks wonderful now ! Love the gold highlights, especially on the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty; I love the top! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the kind comments! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous transformation - I've a very similar box I'm going to have to make over now - thanks for the ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous, it looks MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete