Bloglovin

Follow

Saturday 19 October 2013

Crazy Cat Lady

 
Hiya crafty peeps!
 This is a project that I originally made for the SDD DT but I could no longer fulfil my duties because of work commitments. Although I am no longer a part of the DT I thought you might like to see what I did with the digi stamps I was given....
 
You can find the digital cat topper I used here.
I made the blue background with a mix of Sky & Beach Hut Fresco paints. I applied them with the black side of some cut n dry foam in a circular motion. I then laid a lace doily over & sprayed it with Dylusions ink in Black.
I cut out the frame using my Big Shot & glued the topper to the back of the background so the picture showed through. I went around the frame & the background with a black Sharpie marker. I also doodled with it.
I re-used the back of a pad & painted it with a mixture of Fawn Americana acrylic paint, Little Black Dress & Pumpkin Soup Fresco paints. I applied it with a scrunched up baby wipe to add texture & to cover the print underneath! I mounted the background onto the board.
I made my own Alphabet by drawing letters onto patchwork scrapbooking paper. I cut them out & stuck them on with matte medium.
I finished it off with googlie eyes on the cat.
 
 
I just wanted to show that card toppers can be used in a different way...
I hope you like it!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 Crafty hugs
Sez x
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this card it is beautiful.
    I hope that you gave a fantastic weekend.
    great big hug.
    Love and best wishes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! That is so cute, I love the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and fab googlie eyes lol. Like your idea of making your own alphas onto patchwork paper, thanks for the inspiration :-) x

    ReplyDelete