Bloglovin

Follow

Friday 19 August 2016

My Cosmic Gown



Hiya my lovelies!
I've got something a bit different to share today...
My little brother (who's not so little) got married in New York a few weeks ago!
The newlyweds had a reception here when they got back.

I originally got my dress from the Oxfam website.
I fell in love with it but wanted to tweak it a bit.
So, I decided to 'decorate' it.
I started by masking off the top of the dress.
I wanted to keep this plain.
I got out my Decoart Media Misters and my Daler Rowney
Pearlescent Acrylic Inks & basically went bonkers with them!
I had to take it outside after realising I'd got it all over my floor...
(I always realise after) but it cleaned up with baby wipes!
Round two was done in the garden hung up on the washing line.

Close up

It shines all different colours in the light!




I was over the moon with the results!
My very own cosmic, shimmery gown.

I had to make the happy couple a card too!
I used a stencil from TCW Mini Life Remembered & used some
pink and blue Daler Rowney pearlescent Acrylic Ink & sponged it on
as a background. Once dry I stamped the metal patchwork heart stamp from
PaperArtsy Eclectica Darcy 02 set for my brother (he's a welder) &
I used the word heart stamp from PaperArtsy Eclectica Darcy 01
set for his wife (she's a teacher) Get it?
Anyway, I went round the edges with Archival Ink in Watering Can
which I also used on the stamps!
Ta da!
My version of a CAS card which is a first! 

Now it was all going to plan until the day of the reception...
I spent most of the day sorting my tribe out (there's quite a few of us, 6 to be exact)
& getting ready. This takes me so much longer to do now.
Troweled enough make up on to render a wall,
remembering not to put my dress on til last,
otherwise I'd get it dirty before we'd even left the house!
Stepped in my dress to put it on & after 3 of us trying to
squeeze me into it & do the zip up,
it wasn't happening.
Yep, I've put on so much weight in 4 weeks it doesn't fit!
BLOOMIN' MEDS!!!

All was not lost, I had a back up dress.
All girls have a back up dress.
Still, I'm sad I didn't get to wear my cosmic gown.
One day...

Cheers for stopping by!
Feel free to leave a comment.
Crafty hugs
Sez x






No comments:

Post a Comment