Bloglovin

Follow

Sunday 14 August 2016

PaperArtsy Pattern Challenge

Hiya my lovelies!
I'm actually going to enter a challenge!!!!
Woo hoo!
It has been too long, I know.
This project is for the PaperArtsy Pattern Challenge.
I found an old Amazon box, (other online stores are available)
you know the ones like a folder, & thought I'd give it a paint!

Items for this project are:


I'll tell you what I used as we go along anyway!
Ok, I started by gessoing the entire folder.
I then squirted Spanish Mulberry, Pansy, Concrete & South Pacific
Fresco Finish Paint (my fave colours)
& used a dry brush to slap them on! I love this technique because
you never know how it will turn out! Fabulous!


Turned out like this!



I then painted a coat of South Pacific & let it dry with the help
of my trusty heat gun. (I was getting impatient!)
I then dry brushed another coat on top.
Love the result!


On the hinge parts of the folder I stamped a hinge image
from the HP1103 set 2 inches down from the top & 2 inches up from the bottom.
I did this on each one using Jet Black Archival Ink.
I then stamped the lock from the same set.
I stamped the big stamp along the top & bottom using Watering Can Archival Ink.
Then using the leaf stamp I created some patterns.
These were in Watering Can Archival Ink too.


I then went around the edges with the hollow circle strip stamp from FR4 set
in Watering can Archival Ink. I then squirted some Pumpkin Soup Fresco
onto a palette & stamped circles using an old tape tube.
I lined up the rest of the stamps in FR4 set to make a pattern
& stamped the flaps using Watering Can Archival Ink. I also
stamped on the other side in the same ink but I used the cog stamp from EDY01.
I used some low tack masking tape around the area so I didn't overstamp.
I like to use this grey colour for stamping backgrounds as it doesn't stand out too much.


I decided to overstamp the lock & hinge stamps using Copper Pearlised Paint.
I also used this to paint a rectangle inside on the top flap and around the edges.
I overstamped the copper rectangle inside with the
Happiness stamp from HP1103 using Jet Black Archival Ink.
I added a piece of ribbon and a handmade (by me) polymer clay
bead as a closure & a notebook & pen.


 

Voila!
I really like how it turned out.
Cheers for stopping by.
Leave me some love & come back soon!
Crafty Hugs
Sez x


















3 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love making these folders! I haven't done so for ages! I really like how this turned out, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, it turned out really well,

    Lucy c

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for re-using Amazon packaging......

    ReplyDelete