Bloglovin

Follow

Monday 5 June 2017

Circle Journal & Box

Hello my lovelies!
Now, this is a photo heavy & fairly long post.
Go grab a cuppa & then we'll begin!

😊

I have joined a group of ladies in a year long project.
We all make a journal from envelopes & each person has to post
theirs to someone in the group.
Each person completes a spread & then posts it on.
After a year we get them back filled with others lovely artwork!
Hence the name Circle Journal!
I made my journal from 8"x8" envelopes using Maremi's Small Art's technique.

I then created some panels for the outside & first 2 pages.
I used 2 cards the envelopes came with for this.
I cut the cards in half.
I'm really into creating abstracts at the moment & I love it!





I also did a baby wipe!


I used the baby wipe to create the cover for the binding
& part of the closure which I sewed to an elastic headband.
I also did some random embroidery to decorate it.


Journal front


First 2 pages.


Each person has a 2 page spread.
They can choose to work on card & stick it in.
They don't have to use the pocket on the left page.
They need to use colours, techniques & materials they wouldn't
normally. And most of all have fun!


Journal back


Binding made with baby wipe.
Finished off with dangles of different yarns/fibres
& handmade paper beads.



Now onto the box!

I love recycling & keep useful boxes... don't we all?
I had to cut it down to fit the journal
& painted it with a layer of white gesso.
I forgot to take photos of that as I was 'in the zone'!
😊

I had loads of fun.
Then when I had to leave it to dry,
I remembered to take some photos!


I glued the inside panels in & the sealed the whole thing with wax.
Hopefully it makes it a bit waterproof!




Fits perfectly!



I have asked that the box be continually re-used for posting.
Who wouldn't want to get a parcel like this?

I'm all ready for it to be sent to the first person &
I'm looking forward to receiving someone else's journal to
complete pages in. I will be posting as & when.
So watch this space!
I'm also looking forward to getting mine back full of lovely
artwork!

You can find daily(ish) postings on my Instagram.

Have you joined in to a circle journal group?
Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by
Crafty hugs
Sez x



No comments:

Post a Comment