Bloglovin

Follow

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Mantle Clock.

  I bought a mantle clock from a discount store for my living room... I knew as soon as I saw it that I would end up altering it as it was WHITE! I love colour & anyone who has been in my home will know this! I love going to discount/charity shops & find things that I can make beautiful! Anyway, I took the face off the base & sanded it with sandpaper to create a key. I masked off the face & then painted the whole thing with black gesso.

 
Once dry I coated some of it in patches of PVA glue... Waited until it was dry & then gave it a coat of teal paint. Where the PVA was the paint cracks as it acts as a resist. Voila shabby chic!
 
 
Then I went to town with the colours, stencils & stamps! 
 
 
Pride of place in it's new home...on my mantelpiece! 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. it looks gorgeous, and the colour is perfect against your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete