Bloglovin

Follow

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Photo Boxes.

  Hi Guys! Just wanted to post about my latest commission. 
I was asked by my friend Dom if I could make some table decorations for her mums 50th Wedding Anniversary. I of course said yes! I think she was looking for gold flowers to make table decorations, but I don't tend to do conventional or what people expect' so she got Photo Blocks! Don't worry, she embraced the idea &
promptly sent me some pics to use! 
 
I ordered the wooden blocks from Craftshapes. Once they arrived, I gesso'd them in black.
 
Once dry, I gave them a thin coat of Crackle Glaze from PaperArtsy in random places & waited for it to dry. I then painted over the top with DecoArt acrylic paint in Beach Sand & watched the cracks appear! I alternated between applying with a brush & sponging it on which affected the size of the cracks. The thicker application of paint, the thicker the cracks!  
 
Once dry, I used a small doilie as a stencil & stippled it with Adirondak acrylic paint dabber in Pearl.
While I was waiting for it to dry, I distressed the pics. They were printed copies that I altered in my Craft Artist programme. I attached them with Matte Mod Podge & sealed them with a coat on top.
Once dry, I used a floral stencil which I believe to be by Crafters Workshop & an Adirondak acrylic paint dabber in Gold. I also ran this around the edges to finish.
 
 
Hope you like them! Thanks for stopping by.
Crafty hugs. Sez xxx 

4 comments:

  1. Well, that was worth the wait! They are gorgeous. I bet your friend was thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, I love all the details and the pictures look fabulous on them.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea!! Love them, and I am sure your friend did too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great comments! My friend loved them. Might have to make some with pics of my kids on... Crafty hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete