Bloglovin

Follow

Friday 6 January 2017

6 days in... Hello 2017!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 Hiya my lovelies!
Yes it's been a while, I know.
I've had a lot go on in the house of chaos...
Now, this should have been written a few days ago but I was
completely out of action thanks to feeding 17
on Christmas Day and going out for New Year!
Fibromyalgia and events doesn't mix at the best of times
especially when you're waiting for surgery!
Well, we said goodbye to 2016 yay!
Not the best year for me it has to be said! What with my health
going down the pan and loosing my job, being in constant agony and
waiting to see consultants and surgeons, I wont miss it!
Anyway, 2017 IS going to be way better! (Whether it likes it or not!)

Last year I discovered the wonderful Leonie Dawson
and bought her workbooks and planner. Her books are really
colourful and artsy! I got them at the end of January after seeing
Jenniebellie use them in her Creative Goal Journaling class over at
They really helped me set goals and organise myself until
I became poorly and lost all consistency.
I loved using them and re-ordered for this year too.
Which I am glad to say, I am constantly using and checking
in with myself. Which helps me focus on tasks and goals, not on what's
going on with me physically.
(I am not affiliated, I just love them!)

Last summer they were selling off some planners cheap so
I bought them with the intention of altering them as art journals.
Well, I had a bright idea!

I decided that my wonderful, unorganised and mess of a daughter
Freya, NEEDED something to help her!
So I went about and re-dated each day for the whole year until
it was correct for 2017!
I used heart stickers and washi tapes.
I wrote out days of the week and stuck them over the previous ones.



I gessoed the front and back covers in Black.
I then painted a portrait of her on the front.
She's a rock chick, like her mum!


She loves it! I hope she uses it as much as I use mine!

Next up... with 2017 firmly in my mind I wanted to make a
mood board with my intentions on it.
I wanted to combine what I had learned in Tam Laporte's Class
'Happy Traveller' over at Willowing.
It was part of Lifebook12 which I bought on sale!
 I loved making her and she's full of promise, just like 2017!
I've got to be positive haven't I?
I wrote all the things I want to manifest in 2017 in her hair and
I also wrote my words for the year, "Be Brave" inside her pendant.
I love using jewellery in my art, and this sums up what I need this year.
I need to be brave. I may have more awful crappy stuff to get through
before this year is up and I need to just be brave and go for it!


It also features my cat Tilly!
My little companion through the year whilst keeping
my lap nice and warm.

Sorry this post was late!
One of my goals is to be a much more consistant
blogger!
I really appreciate you stopping by, please leave a comment...
It shows me you care!
Crafty hugs
Sez x

No comments:

Post a Comment