Bloglovin

Follow

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Folder Journal & Classes Update

Hiya my lovelies!

This week I have been making Folder Journals.
I was given some old files a while ago,
the sort that hang in filing cabinets.
I cut off the metal parts with a craft knife and put
one inside the other.



Like this...


I then made 3 holes with a bradel. I used a big darning needle &
some cord to sew a 'signature'.
There are lots of tutorials out there.
This is a very simple version!


I tied it together and knotted it on the outside.


I then Gessoed all the pages!


It's now ready to use & added to my collection!
I also have a Moleskine & a Dylusions journal too.
I am also thinking of using an old altered book.
You can use anything you like really!

I have downloaded some classes this year to do at my own pace.
I have to have surgery soon & the recovery is quite long, so
I need to keep myself busy creating to get my mind off of
what's going on! This is the start of many procedures & I might find
myself getting a bit overwhelmed with them all but we will see!
I will post anything I do create either here or on FB.

The classes I am doing are:
Wanderlust2017-Everything Art
Book of Days Boot Camp-Effy Wild
Lifebook12- I know it's old but it was in a sale!
I am also doing Jenniebellies Rock your own Shop,
so watch this space!
I have put links in in case you want to have a look.
I will also be continuing to do Journal 52 which I talked about HERE
and #MiniMoleyDaily which I talked about HERE
That will keep me busy!
I'm not worried if I fall behind, I will just take each day as it comes.
Your patience with my posting may be required!

Thank you so much for stopping by,
it really does mean a lot!
Please leave me a comment or hug.
Crafty hugs
Sez x 

2 comments:

  1. Love your pages, Sez - like you I love using reycled materials! I look forward to seeing how you embellish these pages. I hope you get through your surgery OK and that the recovery goes without incident. Having experienced major surgery myself I know the anxiety in the build up to the event and the fear of the unknown, and I do wish you well!!

    Thank you for your lovely comment - so glad you like my efforts!

    I love your blog background! Off to have a look around.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #30

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment Soshi. X

    ReplyDelete