Bloglovin

Follow

Saturday 7 September 2013

Stamping Dragons Design DT Project - Friends

Hiya crafty peeps!
This is my first project for Stamping Dragon Designs DT!
Over on the SDD FB Group some ladies were discussing  The Gelli Plate.
I decided to use a very similar technique for my inspiration make.
 
I don't own a Gelli Plate. I use a glass worktop saver/cutting board.
You could use a piece of acetate or a laminated placemat etc.
As long as its a wipeable, smooth surface! Please don't use it for food once it's been used for craft... We don't want poorly peeps!
You will also need a speedball brayer & acrylic paint.
 
 
 
I used Fresco Paints in opaque colours: Pansy, Sky, Rose & Cheesecake.
 
 
I squirted them onto my glass board & then used my speedball brayer to smooth the paint all
over the board.
 
 
I then used sequin waste, stencils & stamped into the paint.
 
 
I also used an old washi tape roll!
 
 
Voila! Background complete!
 
 
I would usually stamp onto my background with inks & stamps but this time I used
Friends digi stamp by Stamping Dragon Designs.
How did I do it?
Well once dry, I put my background paper through my printer.
I then went over it with a quickie glue pen & heat embossed it with Black Embossing Powder.
I then filled the flower & leaves in with Translucent Frescos: Beach Hut & Hey Pesto. I also used some Wild Plum Paint Dabber.
 
 
I then coiled some copper wire for the centre of the flower.
I finished it off by gliding Peacock Feathers Distress ink around the edge & drew dashes of copper pen to look like a sewn edge. I mounted it onto craft card.

 
I hope you like it!
Thanks for Stopping by!
Crafty Hugs
Sez x
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Great technique with a gelli substitute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm I love your choice of colours. reminds me of sherbert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Sarah and what a clever idea to use your glass mat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG hu this is amazing.. I LOVE your project, and making it on a budget with whats aroung the house, means I HAVE to try..
    And WELCOME to our team hun. we are delighted to have you.
    Marleen SDD DTL xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing the alternative gelli technique...I will be playing in the week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have inspired me to try my Gelli Plate which hasn't seen the light of day yet!

    Great colours and easy technique gets a wonderful result. Fab page:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creation and great to read how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I wanna do this sooooooo bad lol. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's brilliant Sarah! Thanks for the how to on the background and transfering your digi image.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, beautiful work - so clever with the embossing of the digi stamp, and your non-Gelli print background is delicious.

    I hopped over to say thank you so much for your lovely feedback over at PaperArtsy last week - just getting round to repaying some visits!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete